I’m 23 weeks now. (for the not-pregnant, that’s 1 week shy of 6 months)
16 weeks & 2 days to go. Give or take a few.
So, what’s going on with me? Well, that depends on what minute you ask. I’m blaming my fluctuating moods and cravings and body issues on baby. In fact, I’ve been using the hashtag to explain everything. For example, I don’t even have the patience to write a full blog post today. So here’s a brief rundown of the last few days. #becausebaby
June 7th, 2:30 pm
- I just passed gas while waiting in the checkout line at the Valero in Olive Branch, MS. It came out of nowhere. I am not sorry.
June 8th, 5:00 pm
- Plane perks = ginger ale, peanuts and pretzel packs. YES!
- Plane problems = the seatbelt…and people staring at you sympathetically as you wobble down the aisle. Yes, I am pregnant. Look away.
June 9th, 4:00 pm
I just decided that I don’t want to wear pants for the rest of the day. Maybe forever. F**k pants.
- “Miss. Your little belly is so CUTE!” – precious little 6th grader in my summer camp class. Aww. Bless her heart.
- I look like a potato. A potato wearing a shirt.
- How do you get heartburn from drinking water?!? UGH. Might as well eat this half a pan of brownies then. Nothing to lose.
- Maya must like brownies. Either that or she is practicing capoeira right now. Maybe it’s both. Probably both.
- Tomorrow is my birthday! I’ll be 35. That’s not all that old. Right? I look good for 35. I could pass for 25 easy. Except for these gray hairs. But lots of people get gray hair early. So I could totally be a 25 year old with gray hair. But noooo. I’m a 35 year old who can’t drink on her birthday. 😦
- Are there any more brownies left?